The project “Improving the capacity for corporation between the institutions in working with unaccompanied minors” is financed by the Home Affairs Programme of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 (Procedure Improving the national asylum and migration capacities, especially as regards provision of conditions for vulnerable migrants and in particular for unaccompanied minors).
The main objective of the project is to increase the capacity and to improve the mechanism of interaction between national institutions and non-governmental and international organizations working in the field of asylum and migration (with a focus on working with unaccompanied minors).
The planned project activities include:
• Recommendations for improving the mechanism for cooperation and interaction of the competent institutions in working with unaccompanied minors:
– Development of analytical report with foreign practices in the field of asylum and migration;
– Development of profile of unaccompanied minors (UAMs) in Bulgaria;
– Development of recommendations for improvement of the mechanism for cooperation and interaction of the competent institutions in the management of activities with UAMs that will be systematized in a proposal for separate legal act;
– Stakeholder consultation meetings;
• Capacity building of the stakeholders in the asylum and migration sphere:
– Creation of a manual and training materials with guidelines in the field of asylum and migration, with a focus on working with UAMs;
– Conducting 8 two-day trainings for stakeholder capacity building;
•Developing a web-based innovative tool – “referral pathway” in working with unaccompanied minors.
In addition to these activities, information and publicity activities are planned. The scheduled measures are expected to cover directly at least 200 representatives of the target group – employees of national institutions and nongovernmental organizations working in the field of asylum and migration, and through dissemination and publicity activities, as well as through planned multiplication and sustainability measures will be reached directly and indirectly additional number of stakeholders.
Project start date: 20.01.2022
Project duration: 24 months